In this article: add tasks, edit tasks, bulk move, duplicate tasks, backlog
- Click on your Timeline and drag a task to a suitable length.
- Add details: task description, color, project, time estimate, start/end time, notes.
Editing in Task Edit Popup
To change details, click on a task to open its edit popup.
- Editable details: task description, color, project, time estimate, start/end time, notes.
- Add bullet points to notes: add “*” in front of a sentence and press shift + enter to create another row.
- Mark tasks as done: click on Mark Done at the upper right.
- Duplicate: click on the ellipsis and select Duplicate.
- Delete: click on the Trashcan Icon.
Managing on Timeline
- Change duration: drag the edge of the task to change its length.
- Move and reorder: drag and drop.
Sometimes plans change and moving one task by one can be a lot of work.
To move multiple tasks at once:
- Hold Shift, select an area
- Drag to move several tasks at a time
There are two ways in which you can duplicate tasks.
- You can hold Cmd (Ctrl on PC) and drag the task.
- Click on a task
- Click on the ellipsis in the bottom-left corner and choose Duplicate from the drop down
Manage Unassigned Tasks (Backlog)
- Click on the Backlog Icon (at the bottom right corner).
- Shortcut: press “B” to open and close the Backlog
You can add Tasks to Backlog by dragging your already existing Tasks from the Timeline or by creating new ones straight from Backlog.
To create a Task within Backlog:
- Create a new folder: click on Add.
- Click on the folder
- Create a task: Type a name of the task and hit Enter.
- Edit: simply click on a task to access edit popup.
- Add: color, daily estimates, project, notes.
- Delete tasks: click the Trashcan Icon in the edit popup.
- Search tasks: type the name in the Search field. All folders the current task is associated with are displayed.
- Drag tasks on to your Timeline or back: click, hold, move and drop.
- Duplicate and keep a copy in the Backlog: press Cmd (Ctrl for PC), click and drag.